Blundstone 989 EXTREME SERIES WORK BOOTS - WHEAT
With a heavy industrial pedigree and a lightweight water-resistant nubuck upper, the #989 is a great combination of safety and comfort with the added convenience of an elastic side.
Designed to work
The Blundstone #989 work and safety boots are packed with safety features including:
The outsole is heat resistant to temperatures up to at least 572°F. The soling material has a very high insulating value and can be expected to provide short term resistance to melting and cracks in temperatures in the highest ranges that are normally encountered in an industrial environment.
Broad fitting 200 Joule impact resistant Type 1 steel toe cap. Steel is the safest toe cap material available, providing the highest levels of resistance in constructed footwear against rolling side compression and cut resistance.
Where there is a risk that a person may come in contact with a live electrical circuit, electrical shock hazard footwear will provide the best possible protection against electrical shock hazard.
Premium leather is treated to provide extra water-resistant properties. Footwear with this symbol is particularly suitable for muddy conditions.
The soling material is resistant to most chemicals encountered in industrial situations underfoot.
The outsole provides slip-resistance through a combination of design, tread pattern and soling material.
The #989 is packed with safety features, including a TPU bump cap for extra protection and wear life. Their elastic sides make them easy to slip on and off after a long day on the job.
- Wheat premium quality, water-resistant nubuck leather elastic side safety boot.
- Moulded TPU bump cap for added leather protection
- Low density shock absorbing polyurethane midsole with anti-bacterial agent
- Rubber outsole designed to specifically increase slip-resistance in varied environments
- Excellent cut and slip-resistance, highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- Heat resistant to 572˚F
- Oil, acid & organic fat resistant
- SPS Max - XRD® Technology in the heel and forepart strike zones for increased impact protection
- Removable luxury footbed with arch support and the revolutionary XRD® for greater impact absorption and comfort. Footbed is anti-bacterial, washable and breathable
- Steel shank—ensures correct step flex point, assists with torsional stability
- Electrical hazard resistant
- Broad fitting impact resistant steel toe cap
- First, remove any caked dirt on your boots with a soft bristled brush or damp cloth, and leave your boots to air dry. Please ensure that your boots are away from direct sunlight or any heaters, as they will dry out the leather.
- Apply leather polish, spray or cream to the leather to help maintain your boots. If you are using a polish for the first time, try it on an inconspicuous area of the boot to check whether it alters the colour or appearance.
- If using a polish, apply a small amount of leather cleaner to a polishing cloth or brush and rub onto the shoe in circular motions.